Universal Soul Love, 18/05/2018
Universal Soul Love with Detective Dr Lana Love & Alexia Mae Love with guest Vanita Lott
Cesarean Epidemic Exposed! Our guest is Certified Nurse-Midwife, RN, BSN, Vanita Lott. We'll be examining the Unnecessary Cesarean Epidemic, the need to focus on more health and wellness in maternity care, dangers of the over-use of technology in birth, some side-effects/dangers of epidurals, the need to remain flexible about birth plans, and Vanita's best recommendations for a holistic birth!
YouTube Video Link: https://youtu.be/hHfK_7BOwEM
About Vanita Lott:
As a Certified Nurse Midwife, RN, and BSN, my passion is sharing my 35 years of experience, knowledge and wisdom to empower women to make fully informed choices for a safer, easier and more beautiful birth. Today’s extreme techno-medical approach treats birth as a disaster waiting to happen and imposes many dubious interventions on even normal labors. Our maternity care system has become infected with the profit and power-driven agendas of insurance companies; hospital, pharmaceutical and medical supply corporations; and even the medical societies. Despite pretty labor rooms and more female Ob/Gyns, the cesarean rates skyrocketed. Unbelievably, our current system was never designed to be mother & baby friendly and has been criticized as pseudo-scientific by independent researchers. Our dangerous “unnec-cesarean” epidemic is the most glaring example that this very unbalanced approach needs a dramatic overhaul to become wellness & prevention oriented to meet the real needs of mothers, babies and their families.
- Called to be midwife at the age of 16 while reading about the U.S. Air Force’s CNMs.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing from William Patterson College in New Jersey in 1981. Cum Laude (with Honors).
- Frontier School of Midwifery, graduated with GPA of 3.87 in 1997.
- American College of Nurse-Midwives board certified.
- Hospital experience including high-risk in N.J., N.Y., Washington, Arizona, Nevada, and California.
- Professional & community lecturer, seminar leader and researcher.
- Avid student of alternative holistic healing practices, including naturopathy, herbal medicine, sound and spiritual healing.
- Certified yoga teacher and Reiki (hands-on-healing) practitioner.
- Loves kayaking, hiking, ecstatic dance, yoga, meditation, being in nature, being with family & friends.
Our Internet talk radio show will discuss issues that involve consciously creating the New Earth Paradigm. The purpose of this show is to raise the conscious vibration of the planet to a higher level by sharing ideas and practices that:
- Increase spiritual awareness
- Advance personal growth and development
- Explore the hidden mysteries of the universe
- Protect the environment and our natural resources
- Develop self-sustainable living communities and self-sufficient living practices
- Encourage individuals to reclaim their personal power
- Advocate post-feminism ideas through the re-unification of the Divine Feminine Essence and the Sacred Masculine Source
- Form and maintain healthy romantic partnerships
- Promote a message of universal love