Voices of Courage, 04/12/2019
Voices of Courage with Ken D Foster
The Courage to Innovate, Lead, & Succeed
Guests, Scott Steinberg and Dr. Jingnesh Shah
YouTube Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrCSWR_YG2Y
Today we discuss strategies for leading from the heart and the myths and realities of heart health.
My first guest, Scott Steinberg, is an award-winning professional speaker, strategic advisor, bestselling author, and is among today’s best-known trends experts and futurists. He joins me today to share insight about what leaders need to possess in 2020 and beyond to lead effectively, how we can lead ourselves and others in times of uncertainty, and how to make change work for us through the power of innovation.
My second guest, Jignesh Shah, MD, is a U.S. board Cardiologist and Heart Rhythm Specialist who was trained and has practiced in various countries and diverse settings over the past 20 years. He joins me today to discuss the myths and realities about heart health, the risks and dangers of falling into the trap of unnecessary and invasive tests and surgeries, and the potential medical screening tests we do and don’t need.
- What success skills leaders will need to possess in 2020 and beyond to lead effectively
- How to use the power of innovation, stay ahead of the curve, and make change work for us
- Why being risky is the new safe in business and the importance of taking more risks
- How different generations communicate at work and how we can learn to bridge the gap
- Which technologies promise to shape the coming decade and how to future-proof ourselves
- How to lead ourselves and others in times of great uncertainty in order to succeed
- Why getting testing when chances of having a disease are low won’t give us a “jump-start”
- How testing can lead to more unnecessary, invasive, and potentially dangerous tests
- Why stents do not add years to our lives and are no better than a placebo in many cases
- The importance of taking the time to get a second opinion when it comes to health procedures
- How medications, in some cases, can be as effective as more invasive and risky procedures
- Correcting the myths about cardiac care that have guided and misguided patients for years
“A leader acts as a connector, or even a conductor of sorts, taking this orchestra of individual players, all of whom have their own unique skills and talents, and finding ways to bring them together in a swelling chorus. Tomorrow’s most effective leaders are going to be those who really are able to bring people together in new and novel ways.” – Scott Steinberg
Hailed as The Master of Innovation by Fortune magazine and the World’s Leading Business Strategist, award-winning professional speaker, Scott Steinberg, is among today’s best-known trends experts and futurists.
A strategic advisor to four-star generals, government leaders, and a who’s-who of Fortune 500s, he’s helped craft dozens of business strategies and product designs for the world’s top brands, and is the bestselling author of 14 books including Make Change Work for You: 10 Ways to Future-Proof Yourself, Fearlessly Innovate, and Succeed Despite Uncertainty, The Business Etiquette Bible, and Millennial Marketing: Bridging the Generation Gap.
The President and CEO of BIZDEV: The Intl. Association for Business Development and Strategic Planning™ and founder of travel + lifestyle trends magazine SELECT: Your City’s Secrets Unlocked™, Scott’s website is www.AKeynoteSpeaker.com.
Named one of America’s top futurists by the BBC and a “top trendsetter to follow” by the Fortune 500, this leading business insider and analyst has covered consumer, business, and lifestyle trends for 600+ outlets from CNN to Rolling Stone.
About Dr. Shah
Jignesh Shah, MD, is a U.S. board Cardiologist and Heart Rhythm Specialist.
He was trained and has practiced in various countries and diverse settings over the past 20 years.
Dr. Shah is passionate about patient experience of healthcare and hopes to bring human elements back to medicine.
When he is not seeing patients, he is writing, traveling or hiking. He lives in Boulder, CO.
“Medical science is advanced, but not that advanced that we are able to predict things just by testing you even if you do not have symptoms. If you do not have symptoms and you insist on getting tested, the chances of falling into the trap of the cascade of testing are actually more harmful than good.” – Jignesh Shah, MD
Support my show
$2.99/mo or $5.99/mo or $9.99/mo
SUBSCRIBE TO TALK SHOW
Ken D Fosters Voices of Courage Radio – Podcast – TV Show is Making a Difference by Inspiring and Igniting the Dreams of our Listeners to Grow their Businesses and Lives by Knowing the Unknowable, Seeing the Unseeable and Doing the Impossible.
HOW WE DO IT
We bring Wise Guests on the Voices of Courage Shows who Empower
our Listeners to Expand their Consciousness, Realize Who they Truly
Are, in Order to Fulfill their Noble Goals. We also Deliver to our
Insider Members, Books, Special Guest Interviews,
and Programs Designed to Fulfill our Mission.
Key Word Categories:
Philosophy of Wisdom
Psychology of Success