The Relationship Help Show: Handling Hijackal® Havoc offers the insights, strategies, and skills you need to recognize what's really going on in the crazy-making relationships in your life. Relentlessly difficult people and relationships in can cause you to constantly second-guess yourself and question your sanity.
Get relationship advice directly from Dr. Rhoberta Shaler, The Relationship Help Doctor. Learn from her expert guests. Each one has a very unique voice on solving relationship problems with particularly difficult people
Are these relationship issues on your mind?
- Are you with a Hijackal? Free ebook, How To Spot A Hijackal, Hijackals.com
- Want to know how your relationship can shift and you can grow closer?
- Or, need to know if it's time to leave?
- Need insights into troubling behavior patterns?
- Want to deepen your emotional intimacy?
- Need to distance yourself from toxic people?
- Can't communicate...or someone won't?
- Trying to figure out what's your problem and what is theirs?
- Does every conversation quickly become an argument?
- Have you been discarded by a relentlessly difficult person, a Hijackal?
- Are you with one? Or, leaving one?
You will get help with those here!
What is a Hijackal, exactly?
A person who hijacks relationships–for their own purposes–while scavenging them for power, status, and control.
They make you question your sanity and second-guess yourself constantly. That’s their game…and, they are very good at it!
Every time you think of being near a Hijackal®, you get anxious. Why? Because the main purpose of Hijackal behavior is to win.
Recognizing chronically difficult people requires admitting that they not only like to win, they have to win. Yes, to win…and in all circumstances and at all times. Yes, they will give you the illusion of agreeing with you…but, only when it suits their purposes, or their longer “game.”
Know one? I’m thinking you must because you’ve found yourself here on this page with me. You’re ready to escape the Hijackal Trap.
It might be your partner, ex, parent, co-worker, or someone in any organization–family, workplace, government, court, church, community project, board, or association.
We have all had interaction - at some level, at some time - with a Hijackal... whether we knew it or not. They are unavoidable. AND being in a relationship with a Hijackal - whether at home, work or play - requires some insights and knowledge to navigate and keep yourself safe and sane.
Those are the things we discuss a lot here. Join us.