Transition Radio Show, January 22, 2018
Today we discuss transitions to save our seas and making the right choices to change the way that we treat our environment.
Our guest, Don Kent, shares practical solutions to the most critical conservation challenges facing the marine ecosystem and species.
- What’s happening in our oceans and how we can help
- Finding a balance between human and environmental needs
- About Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute and what they do
- Research used to eliminate competition between humans and animals for food
- Why we should care what goes on in the ocean and how it impacts us
- The powerful interconnection of all living things
- Why the Vaquita dolphin is on the edge of extinction
- The devastating impact that fishing operations have on marine animals each year
- Applying more sustainable harvesting methods
- What to know about farm-raised versus wild-caught fish
- How we can increase awareness and get involved in making big changes
- Regulating healthy, sustainable food from our oceans
- The need for both economic viability and environmental preservation
Thanks For Listening!
Transition Radio...because everyone is either moving away from something or going toward something. Life is full of changes and with every change comes loss, even if it is a positive change like moving to a better home or getting married. Whenever change comes something must be upheaved or left behind and that creates loss and the normal, natural response to loss and grief.
Our show seeks to give you the information and the tools to make the changes you're going through smoother, easier and more life-enhancing. We look forward to you joining us on Transition Tuesday each week where we promise hot topics, engaging guests and always laughter and fun.