Transition Radio Show, September 19, 2017
Today we discuss ways to overcome the stress and trauma of life’s storms. The recent hurricane devastation has sparked our conversation to touch on the storms in our personal lives as well as the effects of natural disaster.
Our guest, Mark Waldman, talks about the power that traumatic experiences have over our brains and several different strategies for diffusing negative memories.
- Natural disasters such as hurricanes and earthquakes
- Overcoming the stress and trauma of life’s storms
- Tools to reduce anxiety and stress
- How we impact the environment with our thoughts
- Powerful negative experiences from traumatic memories and how they can become imprinted in our brains
- Your inner clock and how memories can be triggered
- Memory as a survival-oriented mechanism
- Strategies used to undo traumatic memories from the past
- 3 things you can do to diffuse negative memories
- The effects of the recent hurricanes in Florida
- The importance of communication and being prepared with a solid plan
- The emotional connection and bonding that happens after traumatic experiences
- Smart Money Segment with Steve Sexton from Sexton Advisory Group
Thanks For Listening!
Transition Radio...because everyone is either moving away from something or going toward something. Life is full of changes and with every change comes loss, even if it is a positive change like moving to a better home or getting married. Whenever change comes something must be upheaved or left behind and that creates loss and the normal, natural response to loss and grief.
Our show seeks to give you the information and the tools to make the changes you're going through smoother, easier and more life-enhancing. We look forward to you joining us on Transition Tuesday each week where we promise hot topics, engaging guests and always laughter and fun.