Voices of Courage, March 24, 2019
Today we discuss taming our monkey mind in order to have a healthy relationship with ourselves and others and live a joyful life.
Our mind is the source of our problems, but it is also the doorway to our freedom. If we want to change anything, we first have to get to the cause of what’s creating different problems in our lives. The issue is, we rarely ever look hard enough to discover that our thinking is generally the root of our problems.
My first guest, JF Benoist, is the co-founder of The Exclusive Hawaii, a holistic addiction treatment center and the author of the skills-based book, Addicted to the Monkey Mind. He joins me today to discuss changing the programming that sabotages our lives and how to develop a powerful new mindset in order to create change.
My second guest, Kristine Jackson, is the clinical director of Villa Kali Ma, a residential treatment center for women’s addiction treatment and holistic recovery. She joins me today to share the relationship between disconnection and addiction and how the monkey brain is hardwired to function from a place of survival.
- How the monkey mind creates dysfunctional relationships, misery, and suffering in our lives
- Becoming the observer of our thoughts and gaining awareness of how we use our minds
- Four major keys to know for understanding how to master the mind and have a better life
- What the monkey mind is and how to change the programming that tends to sabotage us
- Why the monkey mind, fear, and shame are the underlying causes of addiction
- The reason why most people tend to relapse and why addiction is so difficult to overcome
- The most important skills that we need to learn in order to create significant, lasting change
- What Experimental Engagement Therapy is, what’s unique about it, and why it works
- Changing the neuropathways in our brain through experience and new thought patterns
- Why fear and shame create an internal within the mind and how this relates to addiction
- How addiction impacts families and why having a supportive family component is crucial
Learn More About Ken D Foster
Thanks For Listening!
Voices of Courage
Support my show
$2.99/mo or $5.99/mo or $9.99/mo
SUBSCRIBE TO TALK SHOW
Ken D Fosters Voices of Courage Radio – Podcast – TV Show is Making a Difference by Inspiring and Igniting the Dreams of our Listeners to Grow their Businesses and Lives by Knowing the Unknowable, Seeing the Unseeable and Doing the Impossible.
HOW WE DO IT
We bring Wise Guests on the Voices of Courage Shows who Empower
our Listeners to Expand their Consciousness, Realize Who they Truly
Are, in Order to Fulfill their Noble Goals. We also Deliver to our
Insider Members, Books, Special Guest Interviews,
and Programs Designed to Fulfill our Mission.
Key Word Categories:
Philosophy of Wisdom
Psychology of Success