Change It Up, June 17, 2018
Today we discuss avoiding desperation and unhappy moments in life and in retirement. We talk about the suicides of famous clothing designer, Kate Spade, and chef and TV personality, Anthony Bourdain. We also address the significant portion of the population that feels desperate about their financial circumstances – especially when it comes to inadequate planning for retirement.
Special guest Cheri Blair joins us today to discuss the ever-increasing numbers of Baby Boomers, especially women, who have very little understanding and education about finances after retirement. She shares valuable information to help educate us on what we need to know money in retirement.
- The huge problem with suicide in America
- The confusion around suicide and the many factors that can contribute to this tragedy
- Why more Americans are getting to this level of despair now than in the past
- How to look for the warning signs of someone that may be contemplating suicide
- How to get help for yourself or others that are struggling with thoughts of suicide
- Questions from the 2017 Retirement Income Literacy Gender Differences Report (RICP)
- What the future of the Social Security system is going to look like – Will it stay or will it go?
- Ways that we can handle our money wisely in retirement
- Reasons why it’s believed that we are headed into what could be a potential crisis
- Why women tend to rely more heavily on social security benefits than men
Learn More About Paula Shaw
Thanks For Listening!
Change It Up
We're thrilled to have you here on the Change It Up Radio Show!
Whether you're feeling Happy, Sad, Mad or Glad... it never hurts to "Change It Up"!
Tired of the rut you’re stuck in but don’t know what to do…Change It Up!
This show is about connecting with your self, and with members of the opposite sex, to embrace growth, change, and new ways of being and doing
Each show, we'll explore topics that inspire men and women to welcome Change and Create a New Kind of Conversation!
Look for inspiring guests and guest hosts who will ignite an introspective dialog!
We’re here to uplift, support, engage and inspire each other while honoring differences of opinion and ideas. Please join our conversations with an open heart and mind.
So, if you're tired of the rut you’re stuck in and you’re seeking more clarity, inspiration and motivation, and you're ready to shed your fear of change... we encourage you to join the conversation and listen in!
We want to hear from you with topic ideas, questions and opinions.
Tune in Saturdays and Sundays @ 7:00 pm. We can't wait to connect with you!