Commander Rob Hansen, USN (retired)
- born and raised in Kenosha WI
- an accomplished percussionist/drummer - played snare drum for the VFW National Champion Racine Kilties Drum & Bugle Corps, selected to the Wisconsin All-State Honors Band for all 3 years in high school, featured marimba soloist for his high school orchestra, awarded numerous medals at state solo and ensemble contests.
- captain of his high school varsity gymnastics team (pommel horse), and Senior Class President.
- appointed to the United States Naval Academy, Annapolis MD.
- graduated with distinction (66 of 940) with a Bachelor of Science in Ocean Engineering.
- commander of the Naval Academy Drum & Bugle Corps senior year.
- served on active duty for 20 years.
- qualified as a Surface Warfare Officer while serving onboard a frigate in San Diego CA.
- served as a Navy Officer Recruiter, was selected as a National Officer Recruiter of the Year for two years in a row.
- went through Navy flight training in Pensacola, FL. Was first in his class. Selected for F-14 Tomcat training at NAS Miramar CA.
- was Senior Ranking Officer at the Navy Survival, Evasion, Resistance, and Escape (SERE) School.
- served as Personnel/Admin Officer, Asst. Maintenance Officer, Asst. Operations Officer at Fighter Squadron 154. Two six-month deployments.
- selected to be an F-14 Instructor at NAS Miramar. Trained over 100 student Tomcat Pilots and aircrew. Qualified as a Mission Commander, NATOPS Evaluator, and Strike Leader.
- served in Fighter Squadron 21 as Asst. Operations, Safety, and Maintenance Officer. Two more six month deployments.
- participated in Operation Desert Shield.
- over 450 landings ("traps") onboard aircraft carriers, day and night.
- sent to London UK to serve as a Plans and Policy Officer at the Navy Headquarters Europe.
- became a designated Navy sub specialist in strategic planning and international affairs.
- earned a Master of Science in International Relations while serving in London.
- created the first ever Navy Military to Military Contacts with nations from the former Warsaw Pact/Soviet bloc nations.
- served as an International Foreign Military Sales Programs Manager at the Navy International Programs Officer in Washington DC.
- served as a Foreign Service Officer with the U.S. Department of State in Mexico, Washington DC, and South Africa.
- served as a program manager with Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, and General Dynamics.
- taught math and algebra at a low income school district in Arizona.
Raising Expectations is a new program that will look at the past, giving greater insight into the present, and may produce authentic anticipation, raising expectations for the future! Joe will discuss major issues that confront us on national, political, and worldwide events, to the simple things that we think about and make unconscious personal decisions every day!
Freedom, Family, Finances, Faith, along with a myriad of other topics and all the intricacies involved in each of them...from a personal community perspective, that makes up what we call "Your Life in America Today!"
Informative, inclusive, intentional, interesting, and always encouraging. Each program will raise our expectations individually. We may begin looking at the future in a positive way, happy to try new ideas and methods with clear hopes of how things can change for the better in the future. Feeling more content, one topic at a time! So, let not your hearts be troubled...we can go from good, to better, to best in the future TOGETHER!